The BP-1 portable headset station may be worn on the belt or hung on the wall by its sturdy belt-clip. Soft plastic strips on the underside help hold it in place when set on top of a console. The matte black finish minimizes visibility.
Frequency response has been carefully shaped to optimize both intelligibility and long-term listening comfort. A mic. limiter circuit reduces overload distortion. The high bridging impedance ensures that system and sidetone levels do not vary as other stations are switched in and out of the circuit.
The top panel contains controls for switching the microphone on and off, for controlling listening level, and for signaling. They are easily identifiable by touch. A recessed, screwdriver-adjust control is provided for varying the level of the user’s voice to be heard in his own earphone (Sidetone). A long-life, extremely bright, 4-segment LED serves as the signal light. The bottom panel provides a 3-pin female XLR for connection to the system; a 3-pin male XLR for looping onwards to the next station, and; a 4-pin male XLR for connection of any standard communications headset with a dynamic microphone
- Power requirement:24~30VDC, 10 mA quiescent,30mA max. (with signal lamp lit)
- Headphone output:8~4K ohm acceptable, 200 ohm ideal
- Microphone input:200 ~ 600 ohm Dynamic
- Sidetone rejection:>50dB
- Audio bridging impedance:200 ohm unbalanced
- Size:3.70 x 4.30 x 2.50 in.(93.98 x 109.22 x 63.5 mm)
- Weight:13.5 oz. (0.385Kg>)