The "Series 180" consists of three compact miniature microphones with patterns that satisfy the demands of all common studio applications.
Because of its optimized mechanical construction and conscious omission of modularity, which is unnecessary in many cases, the "Series 180" is predestined for economy-minded production and home recording studios.
The KM 183 omnidirectional and KM 185 hypercardioid microphones are based on the tremendously successful KM 184 cardioid microphone, which has become a standard within the global studio community in just a very short time. All "Series 180" microphones are available with either matte black or nickel finish.
- Acoustical operating principle :- Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern :- omnidirectional/cardioid/hypercardioid
- Frequency range :- 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity :- at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 12/15/10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance :-50 ohms
- Rated load impedance :-1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) :- 24/22/24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) :- 13/13/15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) :- 70/72/70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) :- 81/81/79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) :- 140/138/142 dB
- Maximum output voltage :- 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) :- 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) :- 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors :- XLR 3F
- Weight approx. :- 80 g
- Diameter :- 22 mm
- Length :- 107 mm