Introduced in 1960, as Gibson’s first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird, arrived at the dawn of a new era in music and was rapidly embraced by prime movers on the scene. In the hands of Keith Richards to Gram Parsons, it quickly proved itself equally adept at folk, country and rock and helped to set the scene for the ’60s.
Body and neck:
Mahogany back and sides finished in a stunning Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish with a Sitka spruce top with scalloped top bracing and multi-ply top and back binding with a traditional double ring rosette. The slim taper mahogany neck is fitted to the body with a compound dovetail joint and hide glue.
Pickups and electronics:
Natural acoustic power for intimate settings and an L. R. Baggs Element pickup for the stage.
Nickel Grover Rotomatic tuners and traditional Hummingbird pickguard.
Each guitar includes a Gibson Standard hardshell case with plush fabric interior.
- 100% American-made quality Gibson handcrafted construction
- Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck with dovetail neck-to-body joint, secured with hide glue
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl block inlay
- Nickel Grover Rotomatic tuners
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup