The SD5 provides up to 253 processing channels at 48kHz/96kHz.
Standard channel processing, whether inputs or outputs, includes Channel Delay, Single and Multi Channel Presets, Dual insert points, Hi- and Lo-pass filters @ 24dB/octave, four-band parametric EQ (eight on the outputs) with band curve selection, Dual insert points, DiGiCo's DYN 1 (Compressor, De-esser or Multi Channel Compressor) and DYN 2 (Gate, Compressor or Ducker).
The console also benefits from 253 Dynamic EQ processors, all of which are available on any of the input or output channels. These powerful processors offer dynamic processing on each of the four standard parametric bands, plus there are also 253 Multiband Compressors and 253 DiGiTubes; and no matter how the console is set up, the user won't lose any resources, as all channels are equipped to provide the same high quality signal path and feature set.
The master section incorporates 32 gangable 32-band graphic EQs, 48 stereo effects (selectable from a palette of 33), and 36 control groups (VCAs); and using snapshots, engineers can now switch between complete configurations in any live environment easier than ever before, be it at rehearsals, during system setup, or even at a show.
In addition, we've included up to 128 configurable busses, all of which are assignable as mono/stereo groups or auxiliary busses; and in addition to these busses, for further configurability, we've provided a 24 x 24 output matrix, dual solo busses, and a stereo/LCR Master buss.
Unlike all other digital console manufacturers, you don't lose Aux or Group Busses when using the Matrix as they are in addition, including the Master buss.
The rear of the SD5 houses all of the I/O, and there's plenty: eight mic inputs, eight line inputs, eight mono AES I/O, three redundant MADI ports, and one Optocore loop.
This amounts to an incredible 1264 I/O connections on a single optic loop with one worksurface.
In addition, there is an optional DiGiCo SoundGrid module which can be fitted to both engines for full redundancy when linked to two external PC servers such as SoundGrids or DiGiGrids. This provides the user with instant access to 16 fully integrated low-latency Waves stereo Multi Racks, each with the ability to have up to eight plugins per rack. That's 128 I/O - and as you'd expect from DiGiCo, this is all additional I/O.
All Waves compatible plugins are pre-loaded, and as this is integral within the console, you have the added advantage of touch screen control; and all shapshots and session files are saved within the console.
- Faders 37 x 100mm touch-sensitive, motorised
- Screens 3 x 15” LCD high - resolution touch screens
- Meterbridge 2 x Custom Mounted LCD high-resolution TFT-LCD screens
- Up to 253 Input Channels
- Busses Up to 128 plus masters Aux / Group busses with full processing Mono / Stereo / LCR / 5.1
- Matrix Up to 24 Input / 24 Outputs with full processing
- Control Groups Up to 36, selectable for VCA-style, Moving fader, Mute Group
- Graphic Eq 32 x 32-band, Gain +/- 12dB
- Internal FX Up to 48 stereo effects comprising up to 16 floating point reverbs and up to 24 delay/chorus/pitch/enhancer
- Local I/O 8 x mic/line I/O, 8 x AES I/O
- MADI interface 3 redundant interfaces, BNC connectivity
- Optic interface Fibrecast optic
- Sampling rates 48kHz / 96kHz
- GPI/GPO 16 as standard, expandable to 32
- Ext Sync Wordclock, AES, Video, MADI, Optics
- Physical Dimensions 1465 mm (w) x 838mm (d) x 458 mm (h)
- Weight 116Kg (233 Kg with flightcase)
- Power Requirements 90V-260V, 50-60Hz, 532VA (340W)