Meet the studio condenser that captures every nuance. With three switchable polar patterns, the large-diaphragm Audio-Technica AT4050 exhibits a remarkable combination of qualities: high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities. Its dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged for consistent, outstanding performance. A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides rock-solid element stability and exceptional sensitivity.
Ideal for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -36 dB (15.8 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- maximum Input Sound Level: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 17 dB
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- Switches: Polar selection; Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal).